Monday 23 July 2007

8 weeks to go...

So here we are, Monday morning, the weekend is over and work has called us back to do its bidding for another 5 days, but not for much longer. After today I only have 5 more Monday mornings left as a PR consultant then I officially join the leagues of the great unwashed, I will be an unemployed wastrel bumming around for a couple of weeks till disappearing off into the sunrise on my way to Sydney, it is all becoming very real now, eight weeks is not a long time…

But that is all in the future so for now lets stick to recent events, the weekend was a fairly uneventful but still entertaining one, a few beers in the pub on Friday and ending up not making it home and sleeping on a mates sofa, breakfast n the local market on Saturday morning followed by an unexpected visit that changed my plans for the rest of the day and then a trip out of town to attend a friends surprise wedding anniversary BBQ on Sunday. It was one of those weekends that was just nice and relaxed and leaves you feeling refreshed and ready to face the working world again.

The week ahead it looking to be a quiet one for a change, only one night out planned so far and no pressing jobs or tasks that HAVE to be done right now (there are still plenty of things I need to do but they can be put off till I am in the right mood to do them). It looks like a nice relaxing week where I can catch up on my sleep and just coast through but we all know it probably isn’t going to pan out that way in the end…

No comments:

Google