Wednesday 18 July 2007

Nothing but time

It is amazing how time can go by quickly and slowly simultaneously. Some days September 16th seems so close I can touch it but some days it seems like a lifetime away. I have my little to-do-list of things to sort out like insurance, rucksack, tent, renting my house out, vaccinations and so on and I am making my way through it at a reasonable pace. But I increasingly find myself wishing it was all done and that I was off tomorrow, not in just under two months time.

The challenge I have is not to get too excited, life as I know it is still going on, I am still going to work every day, popping to the pub with friends, paying my bills, cleaning the house and all the other things that have been part of my routine for as long as I can remember. If I let myself get too focused on the trip everything else melts away and it is all I can think about. Let’s hope I can keep it together for a few more weeks.

No comments:

Google