Friday 28 March 2008

Every ending is a new beginning

As the week comes to an end and the weekend begins I find myself in a philosophical state of mind, those special few of you who have been reading my blog from the beginning will remember that before the trip the majority of my musings were on random social phenomenon and personal philosophies and the like and very rarely had anything to do with actual travelling, well for today at least those days are back.

When something comes to an end it can often be sad and the lead up to this can often be stressful and worrying but as with all things in life taking the bull by the horns and actually doing it is the key to moving on.

While I was back in the UK I finally drew the line under several things that I had avoided dealing with before I left and the sense of relief is amazing! Issues I had avoided addressing before I left had only intensified while I was away but by simply getting off my ass and doing something about them I left the UK with out leaving a to-do list behind.

A lot of things have come to an end for me in the last 18 months but equally a lot of things have begun as well. Who I am today and who I was at the end of 2006 are as different as chalk and cheese but I have a new clarity of vision about the future and a group of friends who will always be there to back me up when I need them. It is a great feeling.

So I find myself in a great mood as I approach the weekend, I am off to the Easter Show on Sunday and may finally get round to talking the Sydney sightseeing bus tour on Saturday so watch this space for more riveting content in the not to distant future…

No comments:

Google