Thursday 10 April 2008

Realisation...

I have birthday just around the corner and will be turning 28 on the 22nd April this year. As often happens when a birthday is near I look back at my life and think about what I have achieved and so I put together a little summary of key dates and timings in my life:

22nd April 1980

  • Born

1984

  • Started school

1996

  • Passed GCSE exams

1998

  • Passed A-Levels
  • moved to London to attend Uni

2001

  • Graduated Uni
  • Got a job

2005

  • Got married

2007

  • Separated from my wife
  • Left my job
  • Jumped on a bus that travelled through 19 countries and over 40,000km to get from London to Australia
  • Got commissioned to write for Lonely Planet
  • Created a blog that over 15,000 people have read since it started

2008

  • Got a new job in PR
  • Settled down in Sydney
  • And then…

Now it is my sincere hope that from this year on every year will be as full of key events as 2007, it did not start out the best but it finished up as the best year of my life so far. Thirty is often seen as a milestone by many and I certainly don’t want to get there with any regrets so I have 2 years to get my ass in gear!

So all I can say for now is watch this space, I am not entirely sure what the future holds but I can promise you it is going to be an interesting read!

No comments:

Google