Friday 2 May 2008

Define Adventure

I have talked a lot about adventures on this site and “trips of a lifetime” but today I want to talk about what exactly constitutes an adventure?

For me it was riding a bus from the UK to Oz, it was quitting my job and deciding to give my life a kick start and setting myself up in Sydney, pretty much as far away from where I started as possible, but I think an adventure is one of the most personal experiences we can have.

For some people going to London for the weekend is a great adventure, to some leaving the rural area you grew up is the most daunting thing in the world and some, such as the dog that cropped up in the news this week, riding the bus to the beach is a newsworthy event! As the weekend draws ever closer I suggest you have a think about what your next adventure will be and make it happen sooner rather than later.

Having an adventure is not always a pleasant experience, but it is always a learning experience, take yourself out of your comfort zone and head for the hills you may be astounded by what you find there.

No comments:

Google