Friday 3 August 2007

Choices...

Well let me start off by saying happy Friday one and all, and what a Friday it is, the sun is shining, I am blissfully unhungover despite last nights drunken antics and the weekend is so close I can taste it. Now the pleasantries are out the way I am sure you are all just dying to hear my random social commentary for the day and I shall not disappoint.

Last night I was faced with a lot of choices and it got me thinking about how the choices we make affect our lives, like deciding to give up work and jump on a bus to the other side of the world!

Last nights choices varied from the mundane ones like which of the three offers to go out tonight do I accept (easy, all of them :-) to how to handle an incident with a friend who you have unresolved issues with. It is amazing how easily we can convince ourselves that we have put something behind us, let bygones be bygones and other such clichéd anecdotes when we really have not and it just takes one thing to bring it all boiling to the surface.

I was faced with the issue of friendship and what that means to different people, my friends are the most important thing in the world to me and I would do anything for them but does that make it harder to let go of the times when they have truly let you down? How do you cope when what they think is a casual comment about a past situation changes your whole opinion of them? When one friend upsets another who do you side with or do you just sit on the fence? These are the issues I was faced with, I chose sides, and, in my opinion, I chose the right one. Sometimes it just needs to be put on the line and I have some serious thinking to do about how my relationship with one of my friends will change from here on out, as always, only time will tell.

To end on a brighter note apart from the one hiccup in the middle I did actually have a really good night last night, drinking with my OzBus buddy who always likes getting a mention on here, quick stop off with the old Uni lot and even ran into and ex who I had not seen for a while then off to a twin-tastic birthday party to drink the night away, have a dance and generally live it up, bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Google