Friday 17 August 2007

Fears

Our fears can have an amazing amount of power of us whether we want them to or not. It doesn’t matter if they are rational or irrational fears they are one of the most personal things we have to deal with, one persons fear can easily be another’s favourite thing and while some will sympathise with your fears others will be unable to comprehend them. But no matter what you are afraid of facing up to it is normally the best course.

Me, I am petrified of needles and dentists and as this year I have had a rather painful root canal and travel vaccinations I have managed to face up to both of them. To claim that I did with this with dignity and pride would be nice, but blatantly not true! I was a complete wuss about both of them but I did go through with it and my teeth and health while I am travelling with both be forever grateful.

Many people fear many things from spiders and heights through to the unknown and the future but whatever it is you can rest assured that is not as bad as you think it will be and once you face up to it everything is much more simple.

No comments:

Google