Thursday 16 August 2007

Writers block

I have been really struggling with what to write here today to be honest; my brain has gone on strike in terms of generating random social commentary! Then it occurred to me that as I tend to write about what has happened to me recently maybe I can write about writers block.

Sometimes putting what you want to say into words can be a very difficult thing, it all makes perfect sense in your head but once you put pen to paper it comes out as complete nonsensical gibberish. This happened to me about 5 months ago when I first signed up for the OzBus, every time I tried to explain why I was doing this it came out completely wrong, I could not for the life of me remember the route we were supposed to be taking and managed to upset a few people who took my impending departure a little too personally! Since then I have my ducks more or less in a row and people are no longer upset or confused when I tell them about the trip. A few still think I am a nutter for going on a bus to Oz (me included) but they at least admit that even if it is not for them it sounds amazing!

So on this sunny Thursday afternoon exactly one month before the departure of OzBus 1 I find myself writing a blog entry about not knowing what to write in a blog entry, isn’t the world a strange and wonderful place?

No comments:

Google