Wednesday 8 August 2007

Nothing but Time

Time is such a strange thing, it is a fairly straight forward concept in theory, 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour and so on but it never seems to be that simple. Even with its clearly defined units the passing of time is very much a personal experience, one person can hit the pub on a Friday claiming how they can’t believe how fast the week has flown by while his best mate is slumped on his desk on Wednesday wondering if this week will ever end.

Time is also a bit of a git when it comes down to it. It has a nasty habit of going slowly when you want it to get a move on and flies by when you are having a good time, wouldn’t life be much more fun if it was the other way round? The remaining weeks till my impending departure will, undoubtedly crawl by at a snails pace as will the long periods on the bus on my way to Sydney. In contrast I am certain that events like my leaving party will fly by and be over far to quickly, when I get to Sydney I am sure I will look back and feel cheated that the time I spent seeing the wonders of the world was far to short for my liking (but I am sure I will make up for that on the rest of my travels!). In the end though all we really have is time, it is how we decide to fill it that defines our lives and I hope for the foreseeable future I will be filling my time with enough experiences to last a lifetime!

No comments:

Google