Tuesday 7 August 2007

Smile

It seems that there are going to be several moments over the next few weeks that make my impending departure seem increasingly real, obviously the most significant one being the bus pulling away from Embankment with me on it! But before this happens I am sure many things will cause me to go, oh my God it is real isn’t it? One such moment happened yesterday at work, the fact that I only had 20 working days left was something that had sunk in over time but when that number dropped by five before lunchtime because I was asked to use up some holiday time. It suddenly hit me that out of the 40 or so days before I leave I now have 26 days off! Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining, it just took by surprise is all.

So far the week is coming along nicely, as I already said I have been asked to take some leave meaning I am only in the office till Wednesday this week, the sun is shining and I enjoyed a couple of drinks in our latest watering hole of choice after work last night (grotty pub but amazingly nice beer garden!) Monday was finished off with a surprise visit from a friend who I had not seen for some time and I went to bed happy and woke up with my smile still firmly in place!

The rest of the week seems to be shaping up nicely as well, I am hoping to hit the cinema this evening (Transformers or Simpson’s, haven’t decide yet) and on Thursday it is the big OzBus drinks night, where a few of us are meeting up in town so instead of worrying that we may be on the bus with a bunch of psycho nutters we will now know for sure! Let’s just hope the weather holds out for a while and remember to keep smiling, it makes the world a much nicer place :-)

No comments:

Google