Friday 11 April 2008

Last Minute...

What is it about the last minute that I find so attractive? For some reason I seem to be able to achieve more things in this minute than in the rest of the day. I think it all comes down to motivation in the end.

I am off to a black tie event tonight and I finally decided I had better lay my hands on a Tux yesterday, after work, and I could only afford to shell out $100 top. An impossible task by anyone’s reckoning. I headed for a rental place first “sorry sir it takes longer than that to get it ready”, I then went to a suit shop, $490, not a chance. Then I went to one of those discount men’s outfitters, result! For the princely fee of $80 I scored a Tux, shirt and bow tie so I am now kitted out for this evening. I have know about this event for a week, there are about 3 rental places I could have gone to but that just would have been too simple. It was only at the last minute when it was either come through or go to a black tie event in a grey suit that I finally got it sorted.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that leaving it to the last minute is the best option for everyone, it is stressful and requires a certain kind of determination to pull off and sometimes no matter how hard you try you still end up screwed in the end. But I have to say, for me, I love it and have a strong feeling that I will be a last minute guy for the rest of my days, have great weekends everyone!

No comments:

Google